FACTS ABOUT GLASS
· All glass is not the same grade and quality.
· OE stands for original equipment ( dealer part )
· OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer ( dealer part w/o logo)
· AM stands for aftermarket
· G stands for generic ( manufacturer reject )
· Glass pricing varies from one company to another from $100 and more, glass pricing is based on quality of parts provided, adhesives and chemicals used, installation and services. So when companies give you a ridiculously low rate they will cut corners no matter what they tell you. And normally they aren’t licensed or insured to afford rates like that.
· Bottom line you get what you pay for
· Don’t compromise your safety and investment to just anyone.
· Using high quality adhesive prevents the pinch weld from rusting and forms a stronger bond.
· Correct windshield replacement supports your roof in case of a rollover
· Correct windshield replacement helps keep airbags intact.
· It’s always better to get OE or OEM glass, and here is why:
· Glass is more durable – doesn’t chip as easy
· Crystal clear – no distortion and ripples
· Glass fits perfectly
· Perfect color match
· UV protection
· Heat reflective – keeps your cabin cooler about 20 degrees
- Sound Proof
· OE BRANDS :
· CARLITE – FORD
· APT – HONDA &ACURA
· MOPAR – CHRYSLER & DODGE
· GAURDIAN – CHEVY & GMC
· SEKURIT – VW & AUDI & VOLVO
· ULN – TOYOTA & LEXUS
· CARLEX – INFINITI AND NISSAN
· XXX – JAGUAR